The purpose of the Pulaski County Building Department is to protect the life, public safety, health, and general welfare of the citizens of Pulaski County, Indiana. The Building Department also has joint resolutions with the municipalities of Winamac, Monterey, and Medaryville, Pulaski County, Indiana. All building permits and inspections are handled by the Department, which is available to assist any contractor, citizen, or business who may have questions or need assistance with a project.
The Building Department staff also serves as the County’s planning and zoning staff.
Pulaski County Office Building, Room 150
125 South Riverside Drive
Winamac, Indiana 46996
Office hours: Mon.-Fri., 8:00a.m.- 4:00p.m. ET
Please call or email to schedule permit inspections, which are generally completed in the earlier portion of the business day. Please also call to confirm there will be someone in the office. With limited staff during busy times of year, we may be out of the office due to inspections or appointments. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Not sure if you need a building permit for your project? Check this helpful list.
- Contractor Registration Application
- Building Permit Application
- Building Permit Fee Schedule
- Unsafe Building Violation Complaint Form
- Building/Zoning Complaint Form
- Indiana Code 36-7-9 (referred to in Unsafe Building Ordinance)
- Fire & Building Safety Standards Indiana Building Code – Commercial
- Indiana Residential Code
- Indiana Plumbing Code
- Indiana Electrical Code
- Indiana Mechanical Code
- Indiana Energy Conservation Code
- Indiana Fire Code
- Migrant Day Care Nursery Fire Safety Code
- Indiana Fuel Gas Code